Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, March 2, 2012

A picnic just beneath Kuang Si

Before leaving Luang Prabang I finally made it to Ms Vandara's Kuang Si guesthouse for a picnic. She'd been inviting me there for a while and I just never made the journey. But with time running out, it seemed about right to make the journey.  Originally a big plan was made for 8-10 people to come but in the end it boiled down to 4 of us. Even though just 4, it was a good group of people and we had a great time. Vandara cooked some of her specialities, one of which was my favorite Lao food of jeow makhua (spicy smoky eggplant dip).  Her guesthouse is beautiful and just south of the famous Kuang Si waterfalls. In fact, the falls fall just in front of her compound.  It was a day of great food, great company, and even some of us napping in hammocks (and who doesn't love a good hammock nap?)  I'm glad I made it out there finally, and if you're ever in LPB I'd recommend you visit her there as well.










No comments:

Post a Comment