Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Punakha Dzong

I got moved to the Punakha lodge for a few days and one of the top things to do while in Punakha is to go to the local Dzong (fortress). The Punakha Dzong, also known as Pungtang Dechen Photrang Dzong (meaning “the palace of great happiness or bliss”)  is the administrative centre of the county/district. Built in 1637–38, it is the second oldest and second largest dzong in Bhutan and really the most beautiful fortress in the country (that I've seen so far, but also from what I've been told.). The Dzong was the administrative centre and the seat of the Government of Bhutan until 1955, when the capital was moved to Thimphu. 















No comments:

Post a Comment