Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

old temples in bumthang

Bumthang is known for it's ancient temples.  One of the oldest Buddhist temples in the country is located here as well.  I did a little loop of some of the more visited temples in the area and below are the pictures of the day. 

The one picture of me with chain mail is a 500-year-old suit of metal chain made by Pema Lingpa. It is considered auspicious to circumambulate the temple three times with the chain draped over the back and shoulders. I didn't find it too heavy, but I did think it looked super beautiful when spread fully open. 















No comments:

Post a Comment