Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shugdrug

In one of my last days in Bumthang I was to go off to venture to Shugdrug, a small temple in the side of a cliff.  The walk was an easy one through a small forest like trail. You'll see in the second picture a little building which inside has a prayer wheel being powered by water. If you look closely at what the water is coming out from you'll notice a very common like object for Himalayan countries. A phallus. 

The temple itself was small but very historic, with a meditation cave used a long time ago from the guru rinpoche. Unfortunately photos were not allowed inside. 





No comments:

Post a Comment