Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

exploring a fortress around my work

Right outside of my hotel is the Wangdichholing Palace, an old dilapidated battle camp in Bumthang province. I spent my first day here walking around the palace and seeing the historic remnants around it. No longer a fortress but now just a place for monks to sleep and teach. In the distance you can see the Jakardzong on a cliff overlooking the whole valley.  


view from my bedroom window


looking up at the Jakardzong

Wangdichholing Palace

5 stupas with water powered prayer wheels


inside the Wangdichholing Palace


a beautiful old painting on a wall in Wangdichholing Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment