Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Walk In The Woods

One of the things to do in Bhutan is go for treks through woods.  I went on our "nature walk" the other day to explore the local area of Bumthang a bit. Along with Deo, my guide, we hiked around a neighboring hill and explored the local flora and fauna. One such fauna we found was a tick crawling on my pants that Deo would tell me was very dangerous. Awesomeness!

We got lost on the way but ended up making it out ok in the end, though it was a bit more muddy and dirty and we had points of walking completely off the path because we couldn't even see a path.  The high altitude would plague my lungs, where just taking a few quick steps up the hill would have me feeling exhausted.  But the scenery and isolation of it all would be well worth the long winded and tiredness that haunted me.  

This is indeed a very beautiful country.









No comments:

Post a Comment