Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, March 9, 2012

A night of traditional dance

The hotel arranged a night of traditional dance for the guests and I was invited to join in.  We danced and sang around a fire. For me I really appreciated the similarities of these dances with the ones that I learned in Tibet as well as western China.  The similarities very likely have to do with the fact that both the western china minorities and the Bhutanase cultures come largely from Tibet. It's always interesting when cultural knowledge comes together.

Another high point of the evening was trying a local dish/drink. It was egg and butter cooked up with ara (the local spirit). At first it tasted quite nice, but as it got colder and i was drinking scrambled egg I found it less enjoyable.








No comments:

Post a Comment