Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Shanghai in Bankok

Through a series of fortunate events (as that is how my life seems to be at the moment) I was able to stay at a very nice boutique hotel in Chinatown, Bangkok. The hotel is managed by a friend of a friend and they comp'd my night there so I asked if they would want some yoga in exchange. Instead of teaching her, I was asked to teach her staff. Sure thing, why not?  

I had been told the hotel was nice but I was blown away by it. It's styled in a Shanghai circa 1930's theme and the rooms were beyond just comfortable but also attractive and inviting.  Sadly for me, I didn't get to use the beautiful magnificent bathtub (I do love tubs!)  But that aside, I slept like a baby which was my frist good nights sleep in a while. Pics of the room are below.

Yoga the next morning was also fun. We turned a part of the office into an area for yoga. What I didn't know was that most people hadn't ever done yoga before. Usually Asian people are very flexible (sorry to generalize) but here most were not. But we all had a fun time, stretching and laughing through it all.

I found it just amazing how I needed a room for my first night in Bangkok and then this one popped in my lap. Recently the universe has had a way of looking out for me, and I'm ok with this and hope that it continues on this course.








No comments:

Post a Comment