Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, May 3, 2010

time of love and lost.. mostly lost

On my travel to Hwasun today, I decided to take an express bus and be comfortable during the first part of the journey to Gwangju. It cost about $7 more to spring for the the express but I felt it was worth it. I was told to transfer at Gwangju for Hwasun, so once in Gwangju I bought my ticket got on the bus and was excited to arrive. Unfortunately, Hwasun is more like a county and I needed to get off at a specific stop in Hwasun. I did not know this. I got off at the end of the line in what was the next neighboring county. Feeling angry as I had no control in the matter and no one to talk to tell me what i needed to do. I had bought my ticket and expected to be taken to where I paid for. Of course this is not how things always work in life.


I called the farm host for the week, told him where I was and he told me to get on a bus for Iyang in Hwasun. I told the lady at the ticket counter that I needed to go to Iyang. Actually I just said, "Eeeyang. Eeeeyang Hwasun." she gave me a ticket for Hwasun but it sounded like not for Iyang. So I am currently on the bus and extremely confused. Being somewhat close to where I am supposed to be I am not too aggravated anymore but it's fair to say I am a stranger in a strange world. This is only accentuated by the elementary school boy sitting in the seat behind me who keeps peaking his head forward and staring at me.



No comments:

Post a Comment