Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, May 21, 2010

making kimbap

one of the things I asked Mr Kim if we could do was to make Kimbap one day while I stayed here. well, today was that day. in college Corey and I experimented with making maki rolls so this wasn't too different but Mrs Kim also brought out the triangle roll maker, which not only had I never done but I had never seen before. I love buying the triangle rice rolls as snacks and after seeing how easy it is to make I am intrigued to experiment more with the process when I get home.

the base ingredients

Mrs Kim showing me how to spread the rice on the seaweed.

showing off one of my rolls

making a kimchi and tuna kimbap. this one was my tightest roll and many applause were given.

showing off the best roll of the day

triangle press

my rice triangle

Mr Kim and our lunch spread

plus a little wine. this wine reminds me of manischevitz, no joke.

we also unearthed the kimchi I made last week to eat with this. I thought maybe too much ginger but the family all liked.


No comments:

Post a Comment