Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

some of my favorite things

as most readers of this blog and my twitter feed will know, I miss pancakes... a lot. While couchsurfing on Jeju-Do my hosts Rebekah and Phil heard my cries of pain and gave me a bag of easy make pancakes mix. the one catch, it was a korean style mix. I accepted without hesitation as I was craving some p-cakes so bad. The second or third night back in Hwasun we cooked them up with the whole family. Phil and Rebekah were right, they were a bit sweeter than usual, but heck if i cared as it was a pancake. we didn't have any maybe syrup sadly but we still have some mix left and may pick up a bottle. Also, oddly enough, they went well with gochujang (what doesn't I am left to wonder)



cooking one of the pancakes



a finished fluffy pancakes. yum!!

of course the pancakes were just an appetizer as we made rabokki for dinner (ramyun and ddukbokki together). It's my favorite korean dish, this with the pancakes was a late birthday celebration from the Kim family.



cooking the rabokki



finished product, rabokki with cheese. I think when i get states side, this will be the first dish I cook for people.


No comments:

Post a Comment