Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, May 14, 2010

remaining days on jeju part 1

I had to cut this into different parts as i was having issues uploading it all in one time.

After leaving my wwoof farm, I gave myself a few days on Jeju for just me. I would be turning 30 on one of these days and wanted to have some time for me and exploring what the Island had to offer me. I met a great couple, Rebekah and Phil, who hosted me for two nights of couchsurfing. They also had an adorable dog, who within my first 5 minutes at the house I managed to somehow let him out. I then spent the next hour and a half chasing him and getting him back inside. If he wasn't so adorable I may have been more upset.


look at this handsome little fella

On May 12th, my first day there, I decided to go Seongsan Ilchubong, aka Sunrise peak. Here is what a wiki had to say about Seongsan Ilchubong.
"Near the eastern town of Songsan-ri, a volcanic crater with vertical cliffs rises up from the shore. As the easternmost tip of Jeju Island, this area is the first to greet each day's new sun, thus earning the name of "Sunrise Peak." A hefty climb brings visitors to the top of the peak. Visitors are prevented from entering the crater by barbed wire, but they can still enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding area."
I took a bus out there, around a 2 hour trip, and hiked the stairs up the craters side. Though it was pretty and a good hike, the view is somewhat anti-climatic. It's one of those things that just may be a bit over hyped, still i'm glad I went.


a shot of the crater from below


on top of the crater, looking in


on top of the crater, looking in


A view out on the island from the crater



a shot of me on the top looking out



and now a shot of me below looking up.


this picture was in the bathroom on the way up. it just sort of cracked me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment