Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Buddha's Birthday

Happy Birthday Buddha!

The Kim's took me to a "famous" local buddhist temple the other night for buddha's birthday celebration. We got there late so missed most of the part but we did get to walk around and see the grounds decked out. It was a beautiful and peaceful sight.

this temple had many old stone carved buddhas

a buddha in a box. there was a reason and story about this but i can't fully recall

there were also many pagodas through out the ground. rumor is that there used to be over 1000 buddhas and pagodas.

this was a very special pagoda as it has rounded towers instead of rectangular.

the lanterns lead the way to the buddha. I wish I could have captured fully how beautiful and colorful this all was.

inside buddha's room (without flash)

inside buddha's room (with flash)

a corner of the roof of the temple. the detail here is truly impressive and wonderful to look at.

Mr Kim and I, chilling at the party. we keep it real


No comments:

Post a Comment