Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

moo kuk

tonight I cooked some moo kook from scratch. I was all alone at the farm and decided to try cooking something that i've always liked eating. I walked to the grocery store and picked up a moo (korean radish), some odang (i love odang... it's fish cake) and some black beans for my rice. i meant to get red beans but bought black ones. Red bean rice has become something I really like eating, and it's super easy to cook. I had meat in the freezer and onions, garlic, scallions and salt in the kitchen. The soup came out tasty, if i may say so myself.


Moo Kuk, fresh from the stove

kimchi, doenjang (korean fermented soybean paste), kim (seaweed) black bean rice, bap (rice, in this case white rice used for the soup, and for kim and doenjang "rolls") and the moo kuk. a nice hearty, healthy meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment