Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

making a postbox with Mr Kim

On my first night with Mr Kim we were tasked with making a postbox for a customer of his. It was a really fun process for me. Below is a step by step of what was done.

After looking through a book of selected americana image, we settled on this bottom left image to use as a base thought of the mailbox we wanted to build.


This is a rough sketch that Mr Kim drew of what we'd be doing with the wood and copper.

cut some wood and started to piece it together

the finished wood product... next up, paint and touch ups

Andy doing some paint work. look how concentrated I am pretending to be here.

Mr Kim doing some touch up on the final product.

Tad-ah!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment