Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, May 31, 2010

a day at the Boseong green tea plantation

On the day before I left, Mr Kim took me to the Boseong green tea plantation. It's one of the local area's "famous" places to visit. Most of the green tea from Korea comes from Boseong (I believe i heard the amount was around 80%) They say that the land and climate have the perfect conditions for growing green tea. The weather that day was pristinely perfect, sunny blue skies and warm but with a nice breeze.

a few from the top of the fields over looking the ocean and mountains.

a similar view but with flash so you can see how green the land is.

Mr Kim and me with some of the fields behind us.

me and sombe green tea

afterwards we drove down to the ocean and ate some fresh caught octopus. Mr Kim new how much I had hoped to try live octopus and he got the owner to do it for . I was a little scared as i heard 6 ppl die a year from having a suction cup stick to their throats and I could see that happening to me, so I over-chewed everything. But I have to say, it did taste good.

the ocean at Boseong


No comments:

Post a Comment