Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

making kimchi for Mr Kim

I decided while walking around a HUGE korean vegetable market that I would make some of my Kimchi for Mr Kim. I'd go with the slower fermentation process of pressed pickled veggies instead of the heating up rice flower with water tradition way. I bought a few random veggies, some gochu (hot peppers) some garlic and I was on my way.


the master at work


the napa cabbage was being pressed in salt water and the other ingredients we would use.


the booger is for extra flavor :)


a few days later I pressed all the ingredients into a traditional korean crock.

We haven't eaten it yet as it still is fermenting, but Mr Kim said it did smell nice. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment