Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When in Kobe, Japan... get kobe beef.

On my way back to Bob and Katy's house from Osaka I decided I should try some kobe beef while in Kobe. Katy recommend two shops and one was closed on tuesdays, so Kochans it was. I am quite happy I went there. I had a fabulous time. at 6,100 yen(around $67) it's a bit pricy of a lunch, but when will I be in Kobe again. The meet was DELICIOUS. soft and full of flavor. The meal was also a whole process not just being served a filet.

the meal started with some sashimi style kobe beef


notice the marbling of the beef

this is what would be grilled on the grill in the teppenyaki style.

next a cup of french onion soup was served.

then a light salad came out.

followed by a little miso soup.

Kochan doing some of his fast hand work. It was really enjoyable to watch him do his work. a showman indeed.

cooking some of the meat and veggies. pepper as needed

slicing the filet

are words really needed here?

after the course a dessert was served. it was a tangy slightly bubbly jello product. a bit odd to me but not bad.

and then some matcha.

of course i needed a picture of Kochan and myself. He seemed to really enjoy this as well. not sure if you can fully notice it here but his belt is a 6 shooter style but for knives.

I will try to put some of the videos i have, of him doing his teppanyaki skills, onto youtube later this week. by far the best teppanyaki show I've seen. I'm very glad I went here and glad I had the opportunity to eat kobe beef while in Kobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment