Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, June 25, 2010

kamakurra

On the advice of my amazing host Katy in Kobe, we headed to kamakurra for a fun beach day. unfortunately for us there were no waves for surfing and we got caught in a dreaded down pouring of torrential rains. One of the reasons I wanted to go to this town was to see their famous giant buddha. So after waiting the rain out for a bit and seeing that it was not going anywhere I ventured out to see it. This involved walking about 1.5 - 2 miles in heavy heavy rains. That part sort of sucked, but it was definitely worth going. The Buddha is very inspiring to see. The detail and work that went into it are of magnitudes I can't imagine.



Getting close to it, you can see his head


I ducked in a slightly sheltered spot to take a picture


I believe his size is close to 40 feet. look how calm he is.


for 30yen you could walk around inside. not much to see but sort of neat. this is looking up to where his head would be.

so, in order to get there, I got soaked. but that's part of travel sometimes, you get wet and you deal. Honestly, I didn't really care too much. after a certain amount of wetness you sort of stop noticing it. though others looking at you definitely notice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment