Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, June 25, 2010

kyo-tofu

Kyoto is known for its tofu. With the supposed very clean spring water and the many temples housing monks (aka vegetarians) Kyoto has developed and gain notoriety for the tofu here. I went to a famous tofu restaurant on my last day in Kyoto and got the set course of numerous tofu dishes. Wow!! possibly the best tofu I have ever had. various flavours were brought out in each dish. It was a little expensive, but I am so glad I went.


Outside the restaurant, I really liked the design of the ground work

My lunch. I think my favorite was either the skewered tofu covered in miso or the tyawanmushi, an egg and tofu custard that was near heavenly


in the previous picture is a pot, this is what's inside of it. boiled tofu.


you put the boiled tofu in your bowl and pour some soy sauce on it and add some chives. yum


here is the menu of what I ordered to help figure out what is what from the picture above.


No comments:

Post a Comment