Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Osaka

spent a few days in Osaka. let's sum it up with pictures as I don't feel like typing too much.

This is Yuka, My great host for a night in Osaka. She took me to an amazing ramen spot that I would not have found otherwise. Yuka, you rock!!

the next morning I went to Osaka castle.

It's more of a museum than an actual castle.

Not sure who this is but it's at the shrine outside the castle. I liked how it looked.

Inside the castle is a museum of relics and history. this was an old samurai armor. notice how small it is.

they had these hologram video displays. sort of neat

a view from the top

next stop dotombori street. at night it's lit up and full of people.

Of course I went for ramen at the well know kinryu local shops. you put your order into a machine, get a ticket and then give the ticket to the cook.

ramen, kimchi and me. hoorah!

the kinryu shops are known for their dragons above the stores.

the directions from the train stop to the ramen museum. strange how i nearly got lost, right?

a ramen spot in osaka. i didn't eat here but loved the signage.

thousands of fish eating my feet...

the canal a block away from dotonburi. so pretty.


takoyaki with green onions and a soft egg. delicious

when it was near done, everything was soaked in this eggy sauce. it was really delicious. Osaka indeed does great food.

I just constantly feel "lost in translation" and a foreigner.

Now I'm off to Okinawa. enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment