Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum

During my few days in Osaka I decided to hit up the Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum. anyone who knows me knows I love ramen. now real ramen and instant ramen are two different beasts entirely but this museum sounded like something that I MUST do. so I went.

It was pretty fun to walk around and see all the ramen ads and historical pictures but for a none japanese speaker it was a bit difficult to figure what was going on. There was an area where you could design your own ramen container and then fill it with whatever flavors and toppings that you wanted. I wanted to do this but the line had around an hour or two wait. too long for me. I did stop in the tasting room where you can try ramen flavors not in stores. I had the cheese curry ramen. verdict was: DELICIOUS!!!

a statue of Momofuku Ando and me

one of the displays in the museum is the ramen tunnel, showcasing numerous types of ramen through the years.

this was where you could create your own ramen.

one of the five machines where you could try "special" ramen flavors. milk seafood, chili tomato and bacon potato all sounded interesting, but cheese curry won out.


No comments:

Post a Comment