Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Osaka briefly... in pictures

I loved Kyoto, would move there in a heartbeat if i could. here are some pics from my few days here. we did a whirlwind tour on bikes around the whole city and saw much of Kyoto. though, there are over 1000 temples and shrines so we didn't come close to seeing it all.

a torii gate leading to a waterfall.

Togetsukyo Bridge

Arashiyama bamboo forest

the three of us in front of the golden temple (not my best photo face)

golden temple Kinkaku-ji


my first geisha sighting, and unfortunately my only picture of one


all zen like at the silver temple Ginkaku-ji


this was taken at Fushimi Inari-taisha. i liked the cat sleeping here. (i'll post a seperate blog about my night tour here)


on top of Fushimi Inari, with kyoto in the background


karaoke


champion karaoke singer of the world


Kiyomizu-dera


Kiyomizu-dera


Kiyomizu-dera


before i left kyoto by bus i stopped in for some coffee at this random spot. I really liked the dog here, hana. loot at her slouched on the counter


and then when i sat at the counter, she sat on my lap :)


No comments:

Post a Comment