Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, June 25, 2010

a great day in Okinawa

so, i've been offline for a bit as I met friends in tokyo and would rather have spent time with them than be online. Last I wrote, I talked about a great day in Okinawa. well I wanted to share some of the pics of the day with y'all.

I started the day with a walk around a traditional Okinawan folk village.



this little guy looked cute, so i went to pet him. he then decided to bite my hand. ever been bit by a duck? I have




i paid a little extra to see the mongoose vs local poisonous snake show. the law doesn't allow them to actually fight on stage anymore (boooo) so they have them both up there in class cubes and they take the snake out to show it off. they even wave it slowly in front of your face and tell you not to move. Then they show this "3D" animated video of the mongoose eating the snake. Following, we get to taste a powdered snake thing. not sure exactly what it was but it did not taste wonderful.

I was then picked up by two people I met at a couchsurfing party the night before. We also had another girl from couchsurfing coming along for the ride. We decided to stop, get some food and eat lunch on the beach. it was beautiful with great weather. Sadly, Camilo took most of the pictures and I haven't gotten them yet..


the beach we picnicked on.


our little picnic


people from around the world. meeting through couchsurfing

As we got closer to the aquarium (it's about an hour and half drive from where we were) we passed by pineapple land. I really wanted to stop in for a moment, but didn't know if we'd have time. we decided to not go in as it cost 500yen and it seemed high for what we wanted. we accidently went into the exit for the souvenir shop which was meant just for paying guests and we found the mecca. The inside was paved with food samplings. pineapples, pineapple related foods and then okinawan foods such as goya and pig ears. yum!


uniting the world through pineapple!!


:)

For those wondering, pineapple wine is not as good as it may sound to you.


me sampling some pineapple. i ate a SHITLOAD of pineapple that day.


PINEAPPLE!! and me giving the little Japanese girl picture sign


next stop, aquarium.

we got there and the first thing I really wanted to do was see the dolphin show, sowe went.



dolphin saying "hello"

notice the yellow brown near the bottom of the dolphin.. take a guess what that dolphin just did.



JUMP

this guy had a little feist and comedy in his routine.



it t'was a big fish

rays of all sorts

sharks!

sharks!

more sharks and such.

Camilo and me inside a sharks mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment