Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 21 - Third Temple Day


It rained all day. Like nothing you can imagine unless you've lived in tropical rain forests in monsoon season. I remember the rainy days of Lao where it would rain for almost two day straight. That doesn't compare with the volume and force that I'm experiencing here. It's intense and everything is wet. But it's great to be in the meditation hall and hear the echo downfall bounce off the roof and surround us as both an aid to our practice as well as a shield of sorts, sealing us in and protecting us from unknowns.  Chris had the great idea to forego wearing footwear as the sandals were always damp and nasty, so I've copied and been walking barefoot everywhere which has also been very enjoyable.  I had an urge to strip naked and run around in the rain, but I don't think the other monks would enjoy this as much as me. (or maybe they would).

The schedule is the same everyday in terms of activities and times. However, what happens in those meditations is completely different every millisecond.  I am planning to leave tomorrow as I have a few things still to do in Burma and my visa runs out soon.  I wish I had more time here as I'm only just starting to scratch a tiny bit of the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment