Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Americana - Road Trippin'

I recently spent 8 days in a car driving across the country. I was fortunate enough to find a lovely couple on craigslist who needed a car driven from my part of the Boston area to San Francisco, where I was planning to visit.  Some people were surprised to hear that I didn't charge for the services offered but for me it seemed like a fair win/win situation. I wanted to see the country, visiting friends along the way and drive through areas I've never been to. They needed a car from here to there. Why not just help each other out, make the world a better place? Right?  So they paid for the gas and I drove across my beautiful country.  

Below are some pictures from the road. It was touch to take photos or videos as I was driving almost all the time.  You'll notice a wide variety of scenery as America is very large diverse.  

I was fortunate to spend time with friends from college, burning man, my travels, family of family, my time living in SF, as well as meeting new friends.  I wish I had more time to see everyone and to eat ever more unhealthy.. but I'm fortunate for what I did get. And I got a lot.  

My time on the road as well as the 5 days in San Fran reminded me of how amazing my friends are. Of how loving and caring they are. And of how lucky I am to have them in my life.  I'm beyond fortunate and grateful for all them, and all of you (the readers). 

Tomorrow I will take a bus to NYC and then the day after I fly to Bali to start another journey. It hasn't fully sunken in and it probably won't till I'm in the air (again).  Alas, whenever it does.. I am ready for whatever it shall bring.

Hope you enjoy the photos.
































No comments:

Post a Comment