Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 19 - Off To The Temple


I wake up, eat my breakfast and then head to an internet cafe. I need to try to change my flight to Thailand so I can do a few last minute errands in BKK before heading back home that night.  I encountered some horrible slow as well as blocked internet issues. Luckily, my mother was online and I was able to communicate with her to help get me information I'd need.  I was able to change the flight and also get a few emails out.   After this I'd go back to my guesthouse, pack and head to the monastery.  

Once arriving here, there was no one there to help me.  So I waited for a few hours, just relaxing on the floor.  I was ok with this.  Eventually someone came, and in broken half english, he gave me some information and asked much of mine.  I was told to go to the meditation hall and ask for a seat.  I'd missed lunch and you don't eat dinner here so I was not to eat the rest of the day. It's ok, I got lots of extra calories built in.

I wasn't given a lot of info and was thrown into a 90min session of meditation with no real instructions.  I had come here to learn more about meditation and how-to/what-to do with it.   Eventually I will get a teacher to talk with, until then I have no real clue what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment