Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 20 - Second Temple Day


I wake up at 3:30 am and head to the monastery hall.  It is time for the morning chanting.  90min and I've still yet to receive instruction.  So I do the type of meditation that I do know and work with it.  But my mind is racing. I've got this to do before home and that. And when I get home I have this and this and this…. so much on the mind. The minds chatter is worse than ever, but this is why I am here… to work on this.

We have breakfast after and I am surprised by it. Rice, gruel, veggies and a delicious milk tea. Many thanks to the local people who made our food and donated their crops and time.  There is some time off and then again another meditation.  Still no teacher, but I'm told after this I'll meet them.  After the second sitting, I was informed that there will not be a teacher here. I don't know if they'll come later or not.. but for my sake it would be helpful.  Luckily, I get a roommate who is very knowledge and easy going to talk with and he helps explain various things to me.  It's a big help and I'm very grateful for his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment