Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 12 - Bagan - Yangon


A lovely day of 8-10 hours of sitting on a bus. whoopee!!  Not much exciting happened today, though we did stop for lunch in some small town a few hours south of Bagan which is famous for it's fried chicken.  I ended up crashing some private luncheon and was treated to a feast of flavors. It seems that when the bus stops places, the passengers eat in one place and the drivers in another. The drivers get more food and maybe a little better choice as they are the ones brining in the business for the restaurants.  It's all about kickbacks, isn't it?

Once back in Yangon I'd check back into the same guesthouse as before and a friend ,who I met last time there, and I would get some dinner and use the internet.  I'd retire early from the evening as I was tired from the few previous days of getting up early and of being on the bus for so long.  Tomorrow was another day in Yangon, and would be a strategy type day. Well, strategy and street food.




No comments:

Post a Comment