Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 11 - Bagan (Sunset)


The last temple we'd visit was our spot for sunset. Luckily we arrived a bit earlier than most so were able to secure a spot to sit on the upper ledges (not good for those afraid of heights.)  The views of the surround area were also great from up above. 

At sunrise it was interesting to notice how as the sun came out, more temples would start to magically appear from hiding in shadows or from the dark. The opposite was true for sunset, temples would disappear from your eyesight, almost instantly and as if they had never been there, a figment of your imagination.

The views were beautiful, and even though we were surrounded by nearly a hundred or more people, it didn't matter as the noise level was minimal and the sunset over pagodas and temple was stunning.  I found the sunrise to be a bit more introspective but that may have to do with a few things. One is that we were alone for that and the other is that we were just waking up versus being out all day and having a tired mind,

After the sun went down we started to make our way home. I asked to stop for a lassi at a place I read about. It was a vegetarian restaurant whose name I thought was hysterical. "Be kind to animals The Moon."  I didn't know if it was trying to say that the moon was telling us to be kind to animals or if was just bad english translation or something else, but it sounded great.  Indeed it was great, as our lasso's were perfectly done.  

It was a great day for all of us and I even got one more treat. Before bed, when brushing my teeth I noticed something moving by the stairs and thought it may be a cockroach. It wasn't, it was a big scorpion and it looked fierce.  Having never seen a scorpion in the wild I was both excited as well as a little freaked out.  But it was far from my room so I didn't worry too much. 

Yep, a good day.  Tomorrow I'd be off back to Yangon to do some prep work for where to go next.






























No comments:

Post a Comment