Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The train to Suzhou

Not wanting to have plans to tie us down, Katy and I decided to meet at 7pm and buy our tickets then to go to Suzhou. There were express trains that run frequently and we figured we'd just catch one. Well we ended up not getting an express, somehow, but got on the 9pm train there. However, it was standing room only. Neither of us really cared about this and just wanted to get out of Shanghai into Suzhou.


We got to our car when the train came and planned to just stand in the aisles, but these people ended up squeezing in to make room for us. They also rearranged room on the luggage racks to put my mammoth bag up on. We went from a standing boring ride to a super fun and enjoyable sitting ride. Everyone around us was so nice. People were coming from other ends of the car to talk with us and the kid at the table across the aisle was even playing with us. Having Katy there made it even better for me, as usually I'm completely lost and alone. With her, the jokes were funnier and I had someone to communicate and have more jokes with. From learning how to count to 10 in chinese on one hand to the proper way to say some things (or at least trying to say them, what with those darn tones and all) we really had a super fun ride.


The person next to me, getting a bit fresh.

The other people in my row, posing with the American.

The very cute child and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment