Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scorpion... and I'm not talking about the 80's hair band

well, quickly on in Beijing I got to complete another bucket list check box, eating scorpions. I was told there would be two kinds and one was good, the other not so much but i forgot which was which. So, naturally, i went for both types. The big black ones are really not that tasty. more of a crunch but not much flavoring. The little ones (which move very fast before being flash fried) are actually tasty, though it may just be the added salt. Where as the big ones were a crunch exoskeleton and not much meat, the little ones seemed to have more meat in them at least in a ratio per size. I know other people have eaten this item and lived, but there is something a bit scary about biting into an animal known for killing humans with one touch.

little scorpions, big ones too. starfish and sea horses. I think there were millipedes too, but i can't seem them here.

pre biting. a bit scared

snacking away, maybe not so bad

alright you big sucker, lets do this. also notice in the background the bigger larvae and millipedes.

scared... and.. not so tasty

quail (or baby birds?) roasting and some oysters in the background. I love street food :)


No comments:

Post a Comment