Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Nanjing to Shanghai. Breathe.

It's 8:45am and I am still in bed. I'm told that I need at least 1 hour to get to the train station from the hostel and my train is at 10. Still need to pack, checkout and then of course find a cab. Did I mention it's also raining? 

I'm heading from Nanjing to Shanghai and there are always other trains but I told someone I'd take their yoga class and constant travel is hard on the body and soul so a free yoga class is incentive enough to not be late. 

I head to the main street and see tons of cabs drive by, all full of passengers. The feeling starts to creep in, "shit, I'm gonna miss the train." Don't think about this. Don't think of the worst or of negative things. Stay positive and positive will happen. But shit, I really may miss this train!

I see a cab across three lanes of traffic that doesn't look to have a person in it. But it's raining and polluted so it's hard to really see if this is true. I cross the the three lanes, avoiding buses and cars and the cab is...                empty. success!! It's 8:59 and hopefully this is enough time to make it to the train station, it depends all on the traffic. 

Sometimes we just need to remember that it will always work out. Even when not as planned or wanted it still goes the way it's needed or is supposed to be. So take every step with a deep hearty breath and know it will be just peachy keen, no matter what! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment