Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A night in Fuzhou

After leaving Suzhou I boarded a 20 hour train destined for Fuzhou in the Fujian province. My reason to go to Fuzhou was two fold. One, I wanted to go see the Hakka Tulou in the Fujian province and this wasn't too far away. The second reason was "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall" or fo tiao qiang. It gets it's name from a legend that the dish is so tasty that even Buddha would jump a wall to eat the delicious dish. This was something I had to try! Fuzhou is also known for its fishballs. instead of just being the typical fishball, these ones have meat on the inside. yum!! I met up with a local couchsurfer and they brought over a store bought (i think from walmart) Buddha jumps.. dish as well as dads homemade fishballs. SCORE!!!

While wandering around town I stopped for some lunch. Known for it's seafood, I got a noodle and fresh seafood dish. Very fresh and very tasty.

The vessel which one buys "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall" in

insdie contained seafood some meat and few veggies. I had read that the dish was local veggies stewed in sauces and alcohols for a few days but apparently there are numerous variants of the dish and this isn't one of those.

fishballs (shot in poor light)

yumm!! great fishballs. the addition of meat inside really gives it a different flavor, but still very tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment