Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

signs to let you know you're on the right path

I'm not one to look too much into things, but every now and then you can find signs to let you know you're on the right path.

I took a sleeper bus down to Jinghong from Kunming last night. On the bus a girl from the states was seated next to me. We chatted a bit, but since it was a sleeper we mainly slept the night away. In the morning when we got off the bus we talked about how nice it was to be in warmer weather. Kunming was cold and snowing when we left and Jinghong is near sub-tropic weather. I asked if she'd want a scarf for the cold weather when she returned to kunming. I had a scarf and long sleeve shirt that Liam had left in Kunming since he didn't have room for it in his baggage. She said that she was meeting her cousin in Laos and he could take it home. Then she said, "Actually his name is Andy as well and he did the opposite of you. He's from VT but went to school in Boston." I asked her if he went to MIT. She was a little surprised and said yes. It turns out I shared a room with him at Tiger Leaping Gorge. The odds of this chance coincidence ever happening are so slim, but it did happen. And things like this happen sort of frequently for me. So I take it to mean that I'm on the right path. Whatever that may mean and wherever it may lead I don't know, but that's ok as long as it's the right path.


No comments:

Post a Comment