Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Around Kunming round 2

So I came back to Kunming to spend time with Liam and prepare for my next countries. Little did I know that I'd meet such great friends in Tibet in Adam and Kaja, that I'd change my plans entirely. I spent a month in Kunming and was able to teach yoga, read a lot, relax, have so much fun and in my last days I did some drastic changes. Got new glasses (lost mine in Leshan), got lighter bags to scale down weight and possessions, mailed a huge box of gifts, old bags and other things home, found a pair of sneakers in my size (us 14) thank god! and got a $1.50 haircut. From this and also from doing yoga regularly again, I feel like a new person as I leave Kunming and venture down south to Xixuangbanna and then Vietnam to meet up with Adam and Kaja, a much poorer person but new and refreshed.

Liam took us to this awesome Taiwanese drink place. This has fruit, various tapiocas and then bread on top. super good!

Turtles on the bank at the Yuantong temple

went for a ride in a cop car. I was lost and so these gentlemen drove me around. though being chinese they had no idea where to go but would never admit it.

conveyor belt hot pot

pig brains for the hot pot. not super tasty, but not bad

this dog was SO CUTE. He'd go around with a basket asking for cash. i don't love beggars but i like this fella.

Korean bbq with the korean girls.

Possible the best don't poop here sign. Though down the street there is a sign that may be better. it says don't poop as the pipes are old and can't handle it and someone wrote in asking about diarrhea. and then someone else asked did they mean the good or bad diarrhea. and then someone else asked about clarifying what is good diarrhea. think you maybe need to see it

Carla and some hong kong deserts. Mine was shaved ice ice cream, red bean rice stuff and durian. was so good!

one night at the sushi place liam and I got a bit rowdy. we put tons of things on the conveyor belt including his phone. watching peoples faces as weird objects come around was priceless.

I can't read this, but this has something to with my teaching at yutao yoga in kunming. can anyone tell me what this says?

yoyo took me here, twice. why twice? because the dish on the left is so freaking good. Er'kuai is a local rice cake type thing. usually eaten on the streets it's in pancake form and wrapped. this is a chopped and fried way (chow er kuai i think it's called) It's pretty damn delicious.

cute tiny dog playing with my shoe. his owner was this random hooched out girl walking around basketball courts with him. I called her Jinu (translates to chicken face girl but means whore) when asking to see her dog, I don't think she heard me...


No comments:

Post a Comment