Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sera Monastery

Inside the Sera Monastery in Lhasa. This temple is famous for it's debates on the teachings of Buddha and the philosophy of Buddhism but (like most things on our trip) it only happens in summer and we were there in winter.


Mandala art all made my hand from sand and butter

Mandala art all made my hand from sand and butter

Mandala art all made my hand from sand and butter

beautiful buddha inside the great monastery. Picture is not so great as with most of my Tibet temple pictures, it was done sneakily.



picture of the 13th dalai lama. Pictures of the current dalai lama are outlawed by the Chinese government. but Tibetans aren't being repressed now, are they?

A courtyard between halls.

Beautiful drawing on a rock of a blue buddha.

The golden building near the top of the mountain is actually a meditation hall. Seems to me like a great place to go and meditate.


No comments:

Post a Comment