Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Everest!!

Going to Everest was one of the high points about traveling to Tibet. Besides being the worlds highest mountain it also is part of a chain of mountains known as the Himalayas... maybe you've heard of them?

Sadly, it wasn't all fun and games. I got a head cold the day before Everest and that combined with the altitude pressure and general cold caused me to get incredibly sick. I've never felt so poor in my life. I thought my head would explode and death seemed near. Not to ruin any endings, but I did make it through. Though the night slept at the base camp monastery was one of the worst sleeping nights of my life.


Everest in the middle, Lhotse on the right. This range of mountains has some of the worlds highest peaks.

me, tired, cold and lounging in front of the himalayas

hello everest!


It may not look it, but it's pretty cold right here.


Adam and I and the mountain known as Everest

Kaja and me.

some people, just going for a walk :)

Everest over the prayer flags


as we got a little closer. notice the solar panels.

Sun begins to set at the buddhist temple where we'll sleep nearby everest.

Chorta/Stupa at the temple at Everest Base Camp

beautiful sunset skies poorly captured on my iphone.

In the morning I don't feel so good. Altitude sickness may be setting in.

I just look horrible.

near death even.

Sunrise at Everest.

sunrise with the horses


Such a beautiful site to see first thing in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment