Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, April 2, 2010

getting dirty... with hoes... and dogs...

Today was a day full of labor. The first one in a while, and let me tell you that I am very tired and sore.

We were preparing the land for what I believe is to be a garden. The first thing was to rake and hoe the land so as to pull out the rocks and soften the soil. After the rocks were out we would either fill the wheelbarrow to dump them on the edge or we'd left the bigger ones and manually move them over. After this, Mr Lee has me shoveling soil and rocks from a hill on one side of the field and filling a wheelbarrow with this dirt to cover over the land we just raked. A few hours shoveling dirt and moving big heavy rocks definitely took a lot out of me. I think the most tiring part for me is the wheelbarrow as it was a little short for me and so i end up using my back muscles in a slightly less than comfortable movement. Apparently the average korean man is shorter than me. who knew?

After the day tilling the land, Zarina and I took Santi out for a walk. Santi may not look like it, but she is a powerful dog. It is always fun to walk her, but sort of less fun when she is pulling you up and down jagged slippery rocks on a hill. Especially after a tiring day.


moving rocks with mr lee


down goes some rocks


lunch break. clearly i am a little tired


Santi and I posing for Zarina


such a good girl


she loves to give hugs. and i love to take them


she also loves getting her belly rubbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment