Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Last Meal at Santisuk

...and we had jajang Bap, which is like jajangmyeon but over rice instead of noodles.

I would visit my friend Laura in Oakland and we'd go out for walks and talks and generally get korean food, as she lived near the korean row and we both love the cuisine. One day we went into this very different looking korean restaurants that specialized in two dishes, jajangmyeun and jam pong. Laura got the jajangmyeun and as soon as I tasted it I was jealous that i didn't get it. It's more of a chinese dish reinterpreted by the koreans, heavy on the black bean sauce.

For my last meal, Mr. Lee made jajang bap. Very tasty, but so heavy. I think i need a nap now.


No comments:

Post a Comment