Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Squid Fishing

I decided one night on Phu Quoc to do something a little different and join up on a tour. I usually don't do these as they are overpriced and not worth it. But this one sounded different, it was squid fishing and included fish bbq and sunset cruise. I figured for the cost of $15 it would be worth the experience, especially since we were told we'd learn their "secret" technique. Flash forward to the end of the trip and we learn that no technique was taught. Also the seafood bbq is really just if you bought some fish at the floating market. But the sunset part was nice and I met some new friends, two very friendly Irish ladies who both work in PT and confirmed that my hips are pretty messed up. Always great to hear professional say "well that's strange."



setting out for a nice sunset ride.

we stopped at a floating fish market

my high tech squid fishing equipment

new friends made on the voyage. in the competition to catch the first and/or most squid we were all losers

sun sets on the ocean. the red of the sun is not captured at all here. sorry, but believe me it was very beautiful.

my first time having sea urchin. was good tasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment