Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Around Nha Trang

I thought I'd hate Nha Trang. I really didn't want to go. Everyone builds it up as this party beach tow for tourists and all I could think of was loud drunk aussie backpackers. Luckily, this was not the case. We ended up staying in Nha Trang for 4 days and had a great time. We went to Vinpearl Land, as the previous post shows, and explored the town a bit. I drove 25km south to check out Bai Dai, or longbeach in English, as I was told this is where to go for surf. Sadly, there was no surf that day but the beach was beautiful.

We also made new friends in a vegetarian banh mi lady. Such good friends in fact that she calls me every now and then and sounds so excited, though neither of us speak the same language so I have no idea what she says.

The view of longbeach from the surf shop. Beautiful, but no waves.

looking right

fried bananas covered in rice then cut up and poured over with a creamy milk. topped with crushed peanuts

mi quang noodles. Though a specialty more from the Dalat region this shop was known as the best mi quang spot in Nha Trang. It didn't fail me and was very delicious.

a new combo for me, durian and papaya smoothie. winner!

the banh mi lady and me. I'm attacking her with bread.

awww. she told me she liked me like a little brother. how sweet!

mornings consisted of coffee at this little local spot. very cheap and extremely strong and tasty coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment