Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cham wedding

While in Phan Rang - Thap Cham, I had the great luck of meeting Kim, a local couchsurfer there (from Indonesia, but teaching english here). We got into town and Kim met us to help us find a hotel. Shortly after I picked up Kim at his work and we headed to the wedding of a student of a different teacher. Phan Rang - Thap Cham is known for the Cham people that live there, who are a Vietnamese minority and the wedding was a Cham wedding. It sounded like too good of a cultural event to miss, which is why I was excited to go. We just caught the reception, and not the service, but it was a really fun time. Though in fairness, I had no idea what was happening.

The bride and groom would walk around all the tables, a few times and her in different gowns.

cheers!

smile!

people mingling.

karaoke

the girl singing was actually really good. Notice the bride was in a blue dress but is now in red. why? not really sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment