Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting my first Thailand tattoo

No, I didn't get a thai tattoo like Jack got on "Lost" I got what is referred to as a "Thailand tattoo." This is when you get one of those nasty burn marks on your calf from coming into contact with a scorching hot exhaust pipe on a motorbike. See I had a little mishap. I came off a steep bridge and onto some dirt which made my bike skid out fall on me and I burnt my leg. Luckily, I had good friends nearby to help clean (Adam taking some liquor and then spitting it out on me) and calm me down. After the whole thing I had to laugh, but during it.. I was pissed and in pain.

all photos courtesy of Adam and Kaja

The start of the drive was great... at one point Kaja had an issue with her bike so adam stopped to fix it, but with all my weight and lack of friction on the dirt road I was forced to go right instead of into them. Going right meant going off the road. I couldn't see where I was going for a few seconds and was incredibly scared. I got so lucky and landed in a pile of sand. For a split second I thought I was going to die... luckily I didn't.

A lovely well made road. One of many bridges we'd cross on the route to the ferry.

going up the hill

If you look in the back right you can see me talking with Kaja. I actually just took a mango from a tree. My foraging this mango from someones yard may be the reason I got hurt. Karma can be a bitch.

after the fact, the "tattoo" all dressed up. you can see how happy i look

Kaja's great wrapping job

the road that got me. right near the top you can see the bridge and road are a bit rough.. well, yeah I fell for it. :)

another awesome and fun bridge to cross. After my little accident I was scared to do pretty much anything so this bridge didn't make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment