Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

Once again I'd travel on route 13 heading north from Vang Vieng and ending up in Luang Prabang, these roads becoming very familiar to me. Outside of Vang Vieng is incredibly beautiful with the karst landscapes and lush forestation. Past Phou Khoun on the way to LP you're driving along mountainsides swirling up and down and up and down and have access to the sights of beautiful valleys below. Just don't look too long or you'll drive off!!

Just outside of Vang Vieng. I love driving on this road as the natural beauty around just engulfs you.

A little south of Phou Khoun is this mountain lookout. A tourist stop with a little restaurant attached (how chinese) but beautiful full aerial of the surrounding mountains and valleys.

I love this sign. It welcomes you to a city that is 140km away. The first time I saw it I thought, "yes, I'm already there." Then I realized I'd barely been driving and had a long way to go.

Another ridiculous sign. Xishuangbanna (as you may recall from my travels last January) is in the southwest of China. Though somewhat close in relative distance, you're still pretty far away. Chinese tourism at their best.


No comments:

Post a Comment