Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another fun day of driving

The drive from Phonsavan to Luang Prabang doesn't sound too bad to the ear. It's only about 270km and you get to drive through beautiful scenic mountains. Well, throw in a ton of rain and the realization that those mountains mean tons of switchbacks up and down and up and down and up and down... and.. we'll you get the point. It wasn't the most fun day of driving but I did make it to Luang Prabang, of course I had to bribe a police officer to get in. It was incredibly annoying but that is just how law goes in some countries. In the end I talked him down from 50k kip to 30k and I got to put it in his commanding officers pants, so the story is almost worth the near $4usd.

the first time you see lao men with guns on backroads, it's a bit freighting. By this time I was used to it. Usually they don't let me film them but this guy was ok with it. I believe he is a hunter of some sort, what animal needs an automatic rifle to hunt, I have no idea.

This truck didn't fare so well during one of the rain storms. I don't believe anyone was hurt, but the truck was totally fucked up.

a treat of a beautiful mountain peak with beautiful sky surroundings.

the cop who made me bribe him. and yes he made me, I did not want to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment