Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Here Kitty kitty..

Since being in Lao, I've viewed cats on a whole new level. I spent the last week in Vientiane where the yoga studio I was staying at two cats. One a shy older lady cat, the other a young male kitten. The kitten liked to claw and scratch EVERYTHING, though annoying as he was, he was still adorable, finding everything a toy and running around so cute. In honor of him I thought I should post some Lao cat pics.

in phonsavan at the market. a wild mountain cat and rooster side by side to be sold. it was grey and raining and the lady didn't want pictures so my iphone sneak shot had to do but is hazy at best.

this is a weasel, i believe, not a cat. same market.

This may be a cat but it's fuzzy to say the least.

cat, chicken, squirrel, and lizard. seems like an odd pair, but who am I to judge?

cat, hogtied to a bamboo stick while the hunter went out for more. I actually stopped short on my bike to get off and look closer at this. new experience for sure. poor cat.

this little girl has me cracking up. she was trying to play with the cat but kept choking it. she would also pet it pretty hard. I laughed so her mom tried to stop her which made the girl mad and with one hand would hit her mom while the other was choking it and shaking it. She didn't mean harm but was too young to realize what she was doing. The cat wasn't too badly hurt, so I don't feel so bad laughing at it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment