Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Milking Goats for my first time

While in Vang Vieng I heard about an organic farm that had delicious mulberry shakes. A fan of all things shake related I decided to go check it out. While there I learned they also had a fresh goats cheese and real cheese was something that is not too common in Asia. I asked one of the girls on the farm, in a half joking way, if it was possible to milk the goats and she replied with a "yes, and I did that this morning." So that was it, I moved in later that day. The following morning I got the chance to milk my first animal. It was a lot easier than I thought, though still quite difficult and time consuming. I'm very glad I got the chance and look forward to future milkings, whenever that may be.

we started by cleaning out the male goats pens

one of the bigger guys

after the cleaning we'd sweep up underneath the pens, hoping they didn't pee down on us.

then feed the goats

milking time

who's thirsty?


No comments:

Post a Comment