Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

...and so it begins...

I don't really have too many dreams, but i do hope that things start to "happen" this year. I have this nice open slate to paint it how i'd like.. i hope that i have something to show at the end of it.

today was the first day that it slowly hit on me that i am leaving the city for a while. leaving my friends for a while. leaving this life i've carved out for myself for a while. I went to the place where i will be renting storage space from, and it hit on me then. Shit, did it hit hard. Funny how it didn't occur to me when i was at my going away brunch with most of my closest friends in the city. then it just seemed like another dim sum meal involving good peeps and good foods. (real good foods, thanks cecilia!). but the empty storage hole that would soon be mine for the time being... that's when it really started to sink in. and I got emotional. I got sad. I am indeed about to depart for a bit... really? yes, really!

Luckily, i have a bunch of really good friends and I spoke with a few, local and distant and they were all there to listen and all there to bring me back down....

and now on to more packing. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment