Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, February 13, 2012

PoTD - My Lao Kitchen

I don't have a kitchen where I live, at least not in a proper sense. No sink, or boiler, stove or range. Nope, none of the above. But I did go out and buy two essential parts of a Lao kitchen. A mortar and pestle and a tan fi (pronounced phai, it's a small charcoal stove) and a metal rack to use as a grill on top of the tan fi. I  haven't used it too much yet, only really made one grilled eggplant dish, but am hoping to do some more grilling soon and even make a big soup where I boil the bones down.  We'll see if any of that materializes. For now, I'm ok eating out a lot. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment